• 1
    My Cards
    If you are looking for inspiration, I hope you will find some here ♡
    Read more
  • 2
    3D Projects
    Treat Holders, Pop ups & whatever I get obsessed with.
    Read more
  • 3
    My Videos
    Gift Card Holders & Treat Boxes are my favorites. Watch My Videos!
    Watch now
Welcome!
Hi, my name is Jan Musselman and I am so happy you are here today! I love sharing what I create using Stampin’ Up! Products. Here, on my blog, you will find some inspiration, tutorials and even a few videos.

You can even earn free products by purchasing your favorite Stampin’ Up! Products through me.
WANNA KNOW MORE?
Learn How

Past class in the mail projects

Latest on the blog

#tgifc160 Inspiration Challenge



Good Morning Everyone!

The current challenge on the TGIF Challenges Blog is an Inspiration Challenge. This time the Inspiration is All About Wood. What does that mean to me? I need to incorporate WOOD

somewhere on my card. As it happens I have a card that I created while trying to come up with a One Sheet Wonder set. My card for #tgif160 uses the Pinewood Planks dynamic embossing folder and a tree image from the Rooted in Nature stamp set. My card also uses several new products that will be available starting June 2, 2018. I am in love with the Nature's Poem Designer series paper. The color scheme that was used to create it is gorgeous. While my card today uses one of the more traditional patterns I picked up a few colors from it and used them.




Card Details:
  • Card Base - Mint Macaron Cardstock  -5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored at 4 1/4".
  • Card Front Mat - Tranquil Tide Cardstock - 4" x 5 1/4".
  • Card Front - Whisper White Cardstock - 3 3/4" x 5".
  • Tranquil Tide strip - 2 1/8" x 5 1/4". This is the mat for the DSP.
  • Nature's Poem Designer Series Paper - 1 7/8" x 5". 
  • Sentiment Mat - Tranquil Tide - 1 3/4" x 2 9/16".
  • Sentiment  - Whisper White - 2" x 2 3/4".
  • Tree Mat - Soft Suede Cardstock - 2" x 3 1/8". 
  • Tree  Whisper White - 2" x 3 1/8".
  • Inside Layer - Whisper White - 4" x 5 1/4".





  • Stamp the Sentiment with Blackberry Bliss (returning color) onto the Whisper White piece. 
  • Stamp the small Leaf Sprig on opposite corners of the sentiment piece with Tranquil Tide.
  • Cut the Sentiment out using the Stitched Shapes Framelits Square (make this into a rectangle that will fit the Sentiment. 
  • Adhere the Sentiment Rectangle to the mat with Liquid Glue or Snail.
  • Color the Stamp with Tranquil Tide and Soft Suede Inks using the Direct To Stamp Technique. Huff on the stamp and stamp onto the Whisper White Tree piece.
  • Cut theTree out with the Nature's Roots Framelits Die
  • Cut the Tree Mat with the same Die. Cut the mat down the middle Lengthwise.
  • Adhere the Tree Mat to the Tree with the Fine Tip Glue Pen.
  • Emboss the Whisper White Card Front with the Pinewood Planks Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder.
  • Adhere the embossed Card Front to the Mat with Liquid Glue or Snail.
  • Adhere the Nature's Poem DSP to theTranquil Tide Strip with Liquid Glue or Snail.
  • Stamp the small Leaf Sprig with Tranquil Tide Ink onto the Inside Layer.
Assembly:
  • Adhere the matted Nature's Poem DSP strip to the middle of the matted Card Front with Liquid Glue or Snail.
  • Adhere the matted Sentiment Piece to the lower right side of the Card Front with Dimensionals.
  • Adhere the matted Tree to the left side of the Card Front with Mini Dimensionals.
  • Fold and burnish the Card Base.
  • Adhere the Inside Layer to the inside of the Card Base with Liquid Glue or Snail.
  • Adhere the Completed Card Front to the Card Base with Liquid Glue or Snail.
  • Add a few Faceted Dots, I used the Largest Blackberry Bliss Dots. 
I Would Love To Be Your Demonstrator!
If you are In the United States and need a demonstrator, 
then you can order from me by clicking on the links provided below. 
Thanks for Looking!


Product List
Mint Macaron 8-1/2" X 11" Cardstock
Mint Macaron 8-1/2" X 11" Cardstock
[138337]
$8.00

Comments

  1. What a lovely card! Great idea to use wood texture embossing as your wood element. Thanks for joining us at TGIF Challenges this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your card today! It's pretty much perfect! Thanks for joining in with us this week over at TGIF Challenges!💖

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Unknown Commenters will not be allowed!